CZ-3000 with 2x memory and polyphony
Voice architecture consists of one or two oscillators. Any two non-"resonant" waveforms can be combined (e.g. alternate saw/square). Each oscillator's pitch, phase angle, and amplitude can be modified by dedicated 8 stage envelope generators. The two oscillators can then be detuned and ring or noise modulated. "Tone mix" layers two patches.
The CZ-1 is 16 voice, single or dual oscillator, duotimbral (via "Tone Mix") digital synthesizer, with 5 octave keyboard and MIDI. It sounds similar to Yamaha FM based synths, but offers 8 waveforms and 8 stage envelopes per oscillator. Patch memory contains 64 presets, 64 user locations and RA-6 cartridge slot. Performance features include portamento/glide, stereo chorus, vibrato, sustain and volume pedal inputs, mod wheel and pitch bend. Additionally, the CZ-1 is the only CZ synthesizer to support velocity and aftertouch.
- Aftertouch: Routed to Volume?
- Architecture Class: phase
- Audio IO: Headphones 2 outputs
- Audio Source: DCO waveforms are pulse, saw, square, double sine, saw/pulse, 3 resonant
- Communication Interface: MIDI MIDI In, Out, Thru
- Effects: chorus
- EG: Dedicated, 8 stage EG's modify each oscillator's pitch, phase, and amplitude
- Expansion: Patch cartridge
- Filter: None
- Form Factor: 61 keys
- Key Scaling: None
- LFO: Vibrato waveforms include up saw, down saw, square and triangle
- Multi Memory: None
- Patch Memory: 64/64/64
- PCM Memory: N/A
- Sample Memory: N/A
- Sequencer Memory: N/A
- Digital synthesizer
- Phase distortion synthesis