One of the most powerful polyphonic subtractive synthesizers, thanks to its modulation matrix.
- Matrix-12: Keyboard version.
- Xpander: Tabletop version with half the polyphony.
Voice architecture is dual oscillator subtractive (i.e. VCO1+VCO2->VCF->VCA1->VCA2). VCO's can be sync'd. Basic FM is also provided (VCO1 or VCF is the carrier, VCO2 is the modulator), although modulation depth can also be modulated via matrix. Additionally, 3 tracking generators are provided to scale any control source (5 levels). Modulation matrix sources are Lever 1 and 2 (MIDI), Pedal 1 and 2, Vib, Keyboard (CV, MIDI), Lag, Velocity, Release Velocity, Aftertouch, EGs, LFOs, Tracking Generators, Ramp generators (20 sources max)
- Aftertouch: Modulation matrix source
- Architecture Class: subtractive
- Audio IO: 3 analog outputs (L, R, mono) (see Models)
- Audio Source: Available waveforms are up saw, triangle, pulse and noise
- Communication Interface: Tape in/out, MIDI In, Out, Thru
- Effects: None
- EG: Five 5 element (1 level, 4 rate, DADSR) EG destinations are modulation matrix. Each EG can be triggered by lfo or external trigger. Additionally, 4 ramp generators are provided.
- Expansion: None
- Filter: resonant, multi-mode (1-4 pole low, 1-3 pole high pass, 2/4 pole band pass, 2 pole notch, 3 pole phase shift, 2-3 pole high pass + 1 pole low pass, 2 pole notch + 1 pole low pass, 3 pole phase + 1 pole low pass)
- Form Factor: (see Sibling Comparison)
- Key Scaling: filter cutoff
- LFO: Each of the 5 LFOs has triangle, up saw, down saw, square, random, noise or sample (any mod source) waveforms. Additionally a common "vibrato" lfo is provided with same waveforms except sample.
- Multi Memory: 100?
- Patch Memory: 100?
- PCM Memory: N/A
- Sample Memory: N/A
- Sequencer Memory: N/A
- Matrix-12 parameters have not been verified
- Subtractive synthesis
- Analog synthesizer