Rack with alternate controller modes, but half polyphony
Voice Architecture consists of up to eight oscillators, divided into pairs. The output of each pair of oscillators is either phase or ring modulated or mixed. Each pair of oscillators can then phase modulate the next pair or be mixed to the main output.
The VZ-8m is an eight voice, multitimbral digital synthesizer rack with velocity/aftertouch. It sounds similar to Yamaha FM based synths, but offers 8 oscillators per voice (with many routing options), 8 waveforms and 8 stage envelopes per oscillator. Patch memory contains 64 user locations and supports RAM/ROM cards. Performance features include LFO, portamento and guitar/wind controller modes.
- Aftertouch: Modifies pitch, LFO (depth and rate), amplitude EG levels and portamento rate or time
- Architecture Class: phase
- Audio IO: Headphones 2 mono
- Audio Source: Waveforms available for each oscillator are sine, 5x saw, white or pink noise.
- Communication Interface: MIDI In, Out, Thru
- Effects: None
- EG: Dedicated, 8 stage EG's (with polarity) modify each oscillator's pitch and amplitude
- Expansion: Patch card
- Filter: N/A
- Form Factor: 1U rack
- Key Scaling: Modifies portamento time, EG levels and rates (6 points)
- LFO: Both the vibrato LFO and tremelo LFO waveforms include up saw, down saw, square and triangle
- Multi Memory: 0 preset, 64 user, 64 card (128 via ROM card)
- Patch Memory: 0 preset, 64 user, 64 card (128 via ROM card)
- PCM Memory: N/A
- Sample Memory: N/A
- Sequencer Memory: N/A
- Digital synthesizer
- Phase distortion synthesis