FZ-10m with SCSI
Voice architecture is typical subtractive (i.e. Waveform->DCF->DCA).
The FZ-20m is an eight voice, monotimbral digital synthesizer/sampler rack (3U) with flexible I/O (2 inputs, mix output, 8 individual outputs, MIDI, RS232, SCSI). Waveforms can be sampled (16b, 9/18/36kHz, 64 sample points, 2MB memory), additive (48 harmonics), hand drawn (similar to Korg DSS-1) or preset (6 waves available). Sample editing includes 2 loops, reverse, mix, cross mix. Resonant, low pass digital filter and digital amplifier are controlled by 8 stage envelope generators, LFO and velocity/aftertouch. Patch memory contains 8 user locations (also has 3.5" DSHD disk drive).
- Aftertouch: Modifies LFO and EGs
- Architecture Class: additive subtractive sampler
- Audio IO: Headphones, 2 audio inputs 8 individual, TRS and XLR mix
- Audio Source: The waveform can be a sample, an additive wave (48 harmonics), hand drawn (similar to Korg DSS-1), or a preset wave (i.e. random, pulse, saw, square, double sine, saw/pulse). Samples are 16 bit (9, 18, 36kHz) with up to 64 sample points. Sample editing includes 2 loops, reverse, mix, cross mix.
- Communication Interface: MIDI In, Out, Thru, 25 pin RS232 communication port SCSI
- Effects: None
- EG: Dedicated, 8 stage EG's modify DCF and DCA
- Expansion: 3.5" 2HD Disk drive
- Filter: Resonant, low pass
- Form Factor: 3U rack
- Key Scaling: Switch samples and modify EGs rate/level
- LFO: Modifies pitch, amplitude, or filter level. Waveforms include up saw, down saw, random, sine, square and triangle. LFO also features delay and key sync
- Multi Memory: N/A
- Patch Memory: 0 preset, 8 user
- PCM Memory: N/A
- Sample Memory: 2MB
- Sequencer Memory: N/A
- Subtractive synthesis
- Sampler (musical instrument)
- Additive synthesis
- Digital synthesizer